Friends of Jahana Hayes
Commitment: Full time
A Field Organizer is the local arm of the campaign. The Field Organizer is responsible for educating and turning out voters in the community. The role requires significant creative digital and in-person engagement to increase voter participation in 2020. We encourage local residents to apply for field organizer roles in their communities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruit and manage local volunteers
- Build grassroots support coalitions in assigned regions
- Work with other areas of the campaign to plan a comprehensive community and voter organizing strategy for your assigned region
- Engage with community stakeholders
- Build out and manage events, both virtual events and small, socially distant in-person events.
- Manage and execute texting initiatives.
- Ensure voter turnout goals for your assigned region are met
- Daily data management, which includes data entry engagement and tweaks to the tools/resources used.
- Daily check-in and check out calls with field leadership and weekly one-on-ones with Field Director
- Distribute weekly social media content to assigned lists
- Manage surrogate Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram platforms
- Attend virtual community engagement meetings
- Ensure daily call time to voters
- Assist with additional volunteer contact, recruitment and other activities as required
- Must be a go-getter and relationship-builder — this role is about organizing community support
- Capable of motivating and managing volunteers
- Must be comfortable in social media/digital space
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Be organized and structured
- Willingness to work outside standard work hours
- Ability to work as a team with diverse groups of people
- Ability to learn or possess a basic level understanding of electoral tools (Votebuilder, REACH, MiniVan)
- Extensive knowledge of or willingness to embed in one’s own community is a must
This person will primarily work remotely. Candidates must possess a computer, cell phone, internet connectivity, and software capability.
To Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Field Organizer”
Friends of Jahana Hayes does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or political affiliation. Candidates with backgrounds, identities, and experiences that are historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.